Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Marley Bag

Hi everyone! How was your weekend?? Mine was great. We invited my family over for a BBQ yesterday and I probably gained a good 17 pounds. I just can't seem to have any self control when there are all kinds of good food around like fajita, molleja, pico de gallo, and some "Little Bean Of Heaven" (this is a recipe that my sister and I came up with for beans and, being the cheeseballs that we are, decided to name is as such). SO GOOD! I know I've been away from my blog for a while but that doesn't mean I haven't been a busy little bee!

Presenting my newest creation, The Marley Bag.




I named this bag after my niece, Marley. I wanted a laid back, slouchy feel in this bag and I think it came out exactly as I envisioned. Marley was named after Bob Marley and that is the epitome of all that this bag is! It just screams "Don't worry, be happy".





If you're thinking that this fabric looks familiar, that's because I had used it to make my diaper bag a loooong time ago. I have been hoarding this Echino collection fabric as long as I possibly could. I am in love with any and all Japanese import fabric and I.want.more.

This slouchy lil bag is now in my shop, along with this little guy.







It's another scrappy sunglasses pouch/clutch. Lovin' the combo of fabrics on this one. I used some more of my left over "Just Wing It" by Momo for Moda and a few other selections.

I also have one more project I'm dying to share with you guys but I can't today!! I'll share it with you tomorrow though. It'll be worth the wait, I promise! Now I'm off to a graduation party (to gain another 17 lbs)!!

Linking up here.

9 comments:

  1. adorable!!! man, now that i have a sewing maching, i'm really REALLY amazed at what you do... i'm not sure i will ever be able to do that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so in love with both of these! i love the marley bag! so cute. i must find myself some echino fabric. i love it. i really need to make myself a sunglass cover... bad! my new aviator shades are getting a little scratchy. any tips on making one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the bag, perfect fabric choice. And the pouch is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bag and love the clutch. The fabrics are great! Thanks for sharing!

    Have a great Sunday!

    LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bag and pouch look wonderful, the fabrics are such a fun choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bag is so fun!! I love it! I love your new sunglasses pouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bag and it's laid-back look. We love it so much we are featuring it this saturday. votations starts on the same day! thanks for linking up, doll. enjoy the party and do leave some fajitas for me! ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

    Come strut your stuff even your Etsy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!