Sunday, May 29, 2011

Words With Totes

I've been experimenting with my Silhouette machine and working on some cute totes for my shop. This is my first completed one, Live.Play.Love.



I used my tutorial for the bike with "flowers". And I used the same method I used for AJ's Dino Tee for the lettering on this bag. The bulk of the bag is unbleached cotton and I used various designer fabrics for the rest of it. It measures about 12" x 14". I lined the entire tote with batting (I love using these totes for laptops so I have to make them sturdy!).









This tote is now in my shop!!

On a sidenote, AJ has been asking for one of these lately



He's convinced daddy is going to get him one when he gets home from work. Good luck buddy! It would be nice to have one of these in this 100 degree weather though!

Linking up to these parties.

12 comments:

  1. Very cute bag. I still love that bike tee too. Both are adorable.

    Have you ever tried to make a jewelry roll? Do you know what that is? I've been wanting one and was wondering if you've ever played with making them with fun fabrics. Just a thought...:)

    Hope you are having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that bag! And holy cow I just got finished having a (much too) long convo with my kids about why we will not be getting an inflatable water park for the back yard! Silly me, I left the Sunday ads (including Toys R Us - doh!) on the kitchen table :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm... yeah! Adorable! I love the bike with all the little goodies coming out of the basket! The colors are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bag! Do you iron the pieces onto the fabric then? Do you stitch too? Looks great, I'd love to know your secret!! :)

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this adorable bag! Every single detail, your fabrics are awesome and the lining is so cute!!! I want a silhouette toooooo!!!! It looks amazing Bonnie!!! Well done:)
    xo
    Eleni
    Have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bag! Who wouldn't want one of those water toys? Good luck AJ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you should defninitely get him that pool! c'mon he's sooo cute and you can't say no to him!

    and, i'm not sure we can be friends anymore... you have a silhouette and i'm jealous. so there. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable bag! Thanks for linking up at memakingdo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cutest bag! Love the bike and flowers in the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is too adorable!! loooove that bicycle...is that a silhouette font??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for Sharing this week in the Glitter Link Party. I featured you today on The Friday Spotlight! xoxo
    http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/06/glitter-friday-spotlight-6-3-11_03.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the fabrics you used! really pretty!thanks for sharing! have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!