Saturday, May 28, 2011

Obsessed Much??

AJ and I have both been sick so I haven't had much time to sew. But yesterday, I did get to paint during his long nap!

I should never have picked up a can of spraypaint. It's addicting! I started off with these candlesticks.



They're beautiful as is, but as you can see, I am surrounded by dark and bland colors. Chocolate brown walls in my dining room, beige walls in my living room, beige sectional, and allllll my furniture has an espresso finish. My dining room table, the dresser that my tv stands on, my end tables, my two bookcases on either side of my window, and another bookcase in my entrance. That's just not ME! These candle sticks didn't stand a chance.



I had bought this Valspar paint the same time as the Mediterranean color. This one is called Summer Leaf. Yesterday, when I went to get groceries I bought some more $2 samples. Did you know WalMart sells samples? They even come with their own brushes. I looked around for something else to paint and spotted yet another espresso colored item. This bowl usually has pot pourri in it so the perfume has damaged the inside of it.



I sanded down the inside and then lightly brushed it with a Glidden sampled called Amethyst Jewel. There wasn't really a need to sand it afterwards because I didn't paint it completely. And the little indents on the bowl were the perfect touch. But I did sand it just a bit (didn't really make a difference).



I hope my husband doesn't freak out when he gets home and finds all these "girly" colors sprinkled around our house.





But to be quite honest, I don't think he'll notice!! Have a great weekend!

Linking up here.

13 comments:

  1. Ahh! I love them! I told you it was addicting! They add the funnest pops of color to your house! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like like like:) That purple bowl turned out great!!
    Hope you'll get better soon!!!
    xo
    Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cute, I love the bright colors combined with antiqued texture!
    Connie @ SalvageSavvy</a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go to brighten up your room like that! I'm sure your husband will love them - when he notices!!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your newly painted items and the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree it is addicting! You items all look great! Thanks for linking up at memakingdo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the colors and them sanded down it makes them look so rustic yet bright and beautiful. Great job! Come and say hi and enter my Jamberry nail giveaway!

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE them! Oh my goodness! what a fun splash of color! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! THanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE what you did with color!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome re-do's!! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the color the green is fabulous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!