Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Awards Make Me Happy

I don't know what was going on this week but I was fortunate enough to win three awards! Three must be my lucky number. I have no idea how I'm going to do this. I need to recognize all three wonderful ladies and pass on the awards to seven deserving blogs. I'll do this in the order they were received.

Here's what I have to do with each award:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 7 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.

I think 21 facts about myself would be a bit much to take in on one post. So I'll just do that part once at the very end.


I got my first award from Brooke over at Craft A Better World. She presented me with The Versatile Blogger Award.



I met Brooke through a mutual blog and have since found that she is very sweet girl who loves to craft. I actually won a really cute keychain from her "Pay It Forward" giveaway last month! She has some great projects on her blog.

My second award was from Eleni who blogs at Sew Happiness. Eleni gave me the Stylish Blogger Award.



Eleni lives in Greece! How lucky am I to have a follower from there?! Greece reminds me of "Mamma Mia" and "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". If it really looks like that, I'm so going there one day! I love Eleni's name. My mom's name is Elena and it just sounds so beautiful with an I at the end. This girl is such a sweetheart, you have to check out her blog.

My third award is from Ginger from Life Without Whiteout. She also gave me the Versatile Blogger Award!



Funny story with Ginger... her husband is my sister-in-law's husband's best friend. Confused?? Haha. So sad that we haven't met yet even though we only live two hours away. Apparently, we were both at my sister-in-law's wedding and never crossed paths! Ofcourse, that was pre-blog... I would've sought her out had we been blog buddies back then. Ginger is a crafty soul, just like me!

Hmm... now seven facts about me? Where to start!

1. I LOVE JESUS!

2. This is something most of you who follow my blog already know. I started sewing in January and have basically taught myself everything I know. I have learned everything from books and blogs! I'd be lost without my daily reads :)

3. I may look quiet and shy but I'm a huge clown once you get to know me. I love being loud at parties and I have no problem making a fool of myself on the karaoke machine!

4. I don't smoke and I rarely drink. I have never in my life tried drugs. I don't like the taste of beer and when I do drink, it has to be a drink that is sweet and I can't taste the alcohol in. My sister always makes fun of me for being a lightweight.

5. My mom and my sister are my bestest friends in the whole world! I tell them everything. My mom and I have a shockingly close relationship. I can talk to her about everything-- and I do mean everything.

6. This is pretty random. I gained a good 70 lbs during my pregnancy with my son. I was forewarned and I didn't listen. I ate and ate and ate until I was content. It took me over a year to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight :-/

7. I'm pretty smart! I could've graduated high school as a sophomore but I chose to go to a Magnet School for Health & Sciences. I finished my college math credits (up to Calculus II) by sophomore year and I did my rotations at the hospital my junior year of high school. It kind of upsets me when people think I'm a lesser person because I'm a stay at home mom. I CHOSE to do this and it makes me happy!

Still with me?? Good cause I'm about to present these awards to some amazing ladies!

1. Amy at Lots of Pink Here! (my mentor and an amazingly skilled sewer)

2. Katie at Craptastic (a super funny and sweet girl who inspires me to repurpose furniture)

3 Laura at Live.Laugh.Photograph (an awesome photographer and the sweetest girl you'll ever meet)

4. Leslie at The Mommy Therapy (a hilarious mommy who can always put a smile on my face)

5. Nicke at Kiss Kiss... Quilt (this girl makes amazing quilts and is helping me with my first one!)

6. Chase at Oh the Cuteness! (my first follower and the girl who inspired me to start blogging with her crocheted projects)

7. Amber at One Shabby Chick (sewing inspiration galore, I am continually inspired with her work)

I really hope you'll stop and visit these amazing women who are a world of inspiration. Have a wonderful night!

3 comments:

  1. You are the sweetest thing! Thanks for the award! It is my first ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, I was gonna write about how much weight I gained in my pregnancy and I thought, who wants to know that, HELLO, YOU! Cuz we're on the same wave length.."you're in my head"..so funny! Congrats on all the affirmation of your greatness, IT IS SOOO WELL DESERVED!! Your pretty darn awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bonnie for your kind words about me:) You should definitely come to Greece!!! and we get to meet each other:) How cool would that be???:) I would recognize you in the airport by your awesome bags, and I would carry with me one of my pillows... hehehehe ...
    Hope you have a sew great weekend:)
    xo
    Eleni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!