Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Bit Of Sunshine

First off, thanks for all your feedback on my earlier post! It's great to see that I'm not the only one going through this "frumpy phase" in mommyhood (and also that I'm not the only one who has difficulty finding some shower time!!). Thanks friends, I really needed those comforting comments! Love you guys!!

As I also mentioned earlier I received my Mother's Day fabric this morning! You'd think I would've cut into it already but I haven't. I had already started working on a bag earlier in the day, before the mail lady came bearing gifts. The purse looks like a ray of sunshine!





I made this bag using a pattern I had bought about two months ago at ithinksew.com (this site has tons of pretty handbag and shoe patterns). I used some yellow fabric that I had bought last month at JoAnn's ((don't ask for specifics, I have no idea :-/... sorry!)). The interior is Denyse Schmidt again. Love her!

Okay, some pros and cons about this bag...

Pros:

1) Hello! Look at it!! It's too cute!

2) It's super feminine and perfect for spring

3) It's just the right size to be used as an "anywhere bag"

Cons:

1) Fabric Guzzler!!! It's all cut out in one giant piece so I needed TWO yards of fabric for this baby.

2) Pleats! Am I the only person who HATES ironing pleats! This purse had too many. (But nice outcome)

The pleats were tedious and annoying but overall the pros definitely outweigh the cons. The cons are mostly about making it anyway. The pros are what count for you because this little ray of sunshine is going in my etsy shop!

Hope you guys have a swell evening!! I'm linking up here.

24 comments:

  1. SUPER DOOPER CUTE!!! Worth the Effort!P.S. Hope everyday, keeps getting better and better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's FANTASTIC!!! Love the fabrics they are so beautiful and you did such a nice job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!
    I love it.
    Visiting from wilw- http://www.thechattymommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of fabric for one small purse, but it is darling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my gosh! It is so adorable! love it! it is so cute it is worth the 2 yards! i LOVE that yellow fabric. i think i will be going to joanns to scour the whole store looking for some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh that bag is adorable. My sister inlaw would love it. Going to have to send her to your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute! Love how it ties on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this one! I haven't seen any like this... super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely but it does seem a bit crazy to cut it out in one big piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Cute! Your live on the Glitter Blog! http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/05/pink-stitches-guest-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this bag!! Also, stopped by the Glitter Blog and that was a great tutorial for the Silhouette Bicycle Tee.

    Stopping by from Somewhat Simple and a follower.

    When you have a moment, come by my blog. I just finished sewing a jacket (pattern by Burda).

    http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2011/05/quilted-coat-finished.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Love the color and the pleats really do make it

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute bag-I love your fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO CUTE!! I love your fabric choices, it turned out great! I really like the pleats, but boy are they frustrating sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bag is very cute. I love that fabric.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  16. The bag is adorable! I love the tied handle. Thanks for sharing! Hope you had a wonderful weekend ~ Stephanie Lynn www.bystephanielynn.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. It IS really cute though! Love that fabric, that yellow with the teeny little flower...yes. In love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that this bag is SUPER cute and I love the fabric. I need some fabric for a few other projects I have on my list...I can't wait to go and check out what JoAnn has!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great bag - and the pleats were worth the effort!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This purse is adorable! I love the pattern you used. Thanks for the link to the site you bought it from! I also love the fabric, I have that same pattern and have been waiting for a good reason to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The bag is so pretty and I love the color and the fabric you used! Thanks for sharing, doll!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a beautiful bag! (I hate ironing pleats too!) Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!