earlier post! It's great to see that I'm not the only one going through this "frumpy phase" in mommyhood (and also that I'm not the only one who has difficulty finding some shower time!!). Thanks friends, I really needed those comforting comments! Love you guys!!
As I also mentioned earlier I received my Mother's Day fabric this morning! You'd think I would've cut into it already but I haven't. I had already started working on a bag earlier in the day, before the mail lady came bearing gifts. The purse looks like a ray of sunshine!
I made this bag using a pattern I had bought about two months ago at ithinksew.com (this site has tons of pretty handbag and shoe patterns). I used some yellow fabric that I had bought last month at JoAnn's ((don't ask for specifics, I have no idea :-/... sorry!)). The interior is Denyse Schmidt again. Love her!
Okay, some pros and cons about this bag...
1) Hello! Look at it!! It's too cute!
2) It's super feminine and perfect for spring
3) It's just the right size to be used as an "anywhere bag"
1) Fabric Guzzler!!! It's all cut out in one giant piece so I needed TWO yards of fabric for this baby.
2) Pleats! Am I the only person who HATES ironing pleats! This purse had too many. (But nice outcome)
The pleats were tedious and annoying but overall the pros definitely outweigh the cons. The cons are mostly about making it anyway. The pros are what count for you because this little ray of sunshine is going in my etsy shop!
Hope you guys have a swell evening!! I'm linking up here.