Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Who Am I Kidding??

How do you moms do it?? I read about moms who have full-time jobs, are always put together, have thriving etsy shops, tutorials galore, perfect homes, and all this while managing more than one child!!

I am a stay at home mom. I have only ONE baby. He's two years old and I love him to death. I hardly leave my house unless it's completely necessary or when my husband is off. I stay in my pajamas as long as I possibly can.

Why can't I be the mom who looks like this?




Effortlessly chic, just to go get some groceries or run errands. I'd like to have my closet full of cute clothes and have time to fix my hair and even brave wearing heels while running after a toddler. I'm not this girl. Truthfully, I have a few cute shirts in my closet but I always reach for my t-shirts and jeans. Flips flops are a must. My hair is almost always tied up and I hardly have make up on.

I don't want to be this girl, ofcourse. But how do I do it??? I need tips, advice, anything! Am I not trying hard enough? I am feeling a little inadequate, to say the least. Is this just a phase? Does everyone go through this? Will I have more time for these things when my son is older? I just hope it hasn't become a habit for life. I don't want to be that girl.

As I was sitting here complaining, my doorbell rang... My fabric is here!!!



I got the entire collection of Momo for Moda's "Just Wing It". Momo is quickly becoming one of my favorite designers. I'll be using this line for my first quilt! I also got some other selections that I'll be using for upcoming projects. Yay! I'm excited! Ok I feel a little bit better... :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh poppit! I'm with you on this one, I'm a SAHM to 2yr old twin boys, who I adore, but they have sapped the 'girlishness' out of me!

    I could have written the post, sadly except for the part about the fabric delivery, poop!!

    I like to think these ladies have a whole bunch of stylists and whatnot hidden at home who make them appear so 'unstyled' stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY agree with you!!! I am totally clueless how people do it! I am a full time working mom of 2 kids...and my hubby is the stay at home dad who has it all together. Always dressed nice, taking the kids places...having tons of fun and getting all my to do lists done!When I stay home with them I am never dressed and always stressed!!! We must be let in on the secret!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh brother I am always in pajamas it seems like. It's just hard being the mom of three boys to get them all dressed and bathed and still have time for myself. It just feels like a lot of times there are other more important things then my getting a shower and doing my hair. I usually try to take one day out of the week and totally ignore all household crap and get ready just so I feel human again. I'm totally a jeans and tshirt girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippeeee . Now get to sewing!! I can't wait to see what you are making! Hey, even those very chic looking ladies, have mornings like us, with their hair in pony tails, and wearing cut off sweat pants, and ginormous tee shirts. Trust me, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh please!!! I'm lucky if I get of my pj's twice a week and it's a miracle if I get to shower in the morning (don't worr, I do shower every night I just prefer the morning!)
    All of those women have nannies and housekeepers and stylists!!!!
    You are fabulous and you get to stay home with your munchkin and sew fabulous things!!! NOTHING is better than that!!!! :)
    Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do it for others and the camera.....The beauty of us, is we are US and real.....Love your blog I will be back.
    P.s....bet they dont know what to do with cute /bad ass fabric....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because it's not realistic! If we had a personal trainer 7 days a week, I think we'd look KINDA similar to that.

    And hey, I've seen many blogs admitting that housework gets put on hold or kids get into a TON of mischief because they're growing their blogs! :)

    I've got four kids and somedays, I just stare at the wall and imagine the beach while chaos is going on all around me :) LOL!

    www.iheartmygluegun.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shower? What shower? There are definitely days when I don't get one! And, isn't it amazing how long makeup can last you when you don't ever wear it?! I was looking at my jar of eyeshadow and realized I bought it WAY before I was pregnant with Izzy (she's now 2)!!!

    There are times when I really should put on real clothes, but just get so frustrated because they feel uncomfortable/tight (because I'm ALWAYS in PJ's) that I just give up and put on my "nice" sweats, ha! And, judging from the Victoria's Secret gift card I got for mother's day, my Mommy attire has apparently bled over to my underwear. But, why wear sexy underwear when I have no time to shower and wear PJ's all day?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am the same way. i'll get my almost two year old dressed in the morning but mommy is always in jammies lol. i would love to be this type of person as well. always looking good. not looking stressed at all that they are running after a toddler with terrible twos haha. if you find out how they do it....please pass on the knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am with you... I am a stay ay home mommy and I struggle everyday to balance everything. You are not alone. I do blog but at nap or night is the only time I have for me. Every morning I get up way to early so I can shower and get ready for the day. I have serious lack of sleep. The rest of the day I go in circles cleaning. You know what? As they get older it gets better I promise! I have a almost 5 year old and a 2 year old and finally I can take a shower while they are awake. Those moms photographed I'm sure was on a good day while the nanny watched to kids :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!