Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Some Bows and Some Good News!



I was so inspired by Kate over at See Kate Sew when she made her adorable bow hair clips last month. I even ordered some! I was so tempted to order some more because I loved them so much. But then I thought, hmm, I can make these! I've been wanting to try ever since I got them. So I did!






I just sewed the bows first and then glue gunned the clips to the back with a small piece of felt. Super easy and super cute! I just love these pictures, they make me smile :) In case you haven't noticed, I LOVE bows, flowers, ruffles, basically any dainty details and embellishments. I am really loving these bow clips!

Rather than selling them on etsy, I just offered them to friends and family via facebook. I kept some too ofcourse! Everyone fought over the white & black polka dots and the blue gingham. I should've made more of those.

So I said something about having good news.....

I made my first sale! Yeah it was to my mom's friend, but it still counts! So my little etsy shop is now without the aqua Hellen Bag, the black owls coin purse, and the crocheted market tote. Her daughter liked the crocheted bag for the beach. I never even thought of that but it is perfect for that! I am definitely making more of those too. Ahh my ever growing to do list!

Oh gosh, I am ever so excited! And super motivated now! Tonight was really a boost of confidence for me :) I have a lot of awesome things coming up in April that I'm so excited about! My six year anniversary is on Easter weekend (aww!), I'm putting together my son's Easter basket, guest posting, aaaand there is a special giveaway coming up for my wonderful followers! More deets coming up in the coming weeks :) Good night!

8 comments:

  1. These are cute! I save my scraps and this is one project I have in mind for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute bows!!

    I am blog hopping today and I am happy to stop by your blog.

    Please visit (and follow if you aren't already a follower) either or both of my blogs:

    So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com


    Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about family and life at: http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    Have a blessed day!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!! First sale! That's so awesome! Love the bows, they are so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute bows! Good for you making your own - they turned out so well! And CONGRATULATIONS on your first etsy sale! How exciting! Here's hoping you get many more!!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog - do you have a tutorial on the hair bows, I'd love to make them for my neices. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your first sale!! How exciting! :D

    Those bows are gorgeous, thanks so much for linking them up! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are all SO CUTE. love it!

    PS: I'm doing a giveaway on my blog for $20 to my etsy shop, so if you like pretty jewelry you should come enter!! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-spring-fling-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bows are super cute. What a great use for scrap fabric. Your blog is inspiring to actually use my sewing machine. Thanks!

    -Natasha

    www.knitnatak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!