Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Hellen Bag


So my momma's birthday is coming up next week and I've been trying to think of what I can make her. She's a shoe girl but I can't make 5 inch heels so the next best thing would be a handbag, ofcourse. A girl can never have too many purses. I played around with some ideas and came up with this bag. I named it after my mom. Well, kind of. Her name is Elena but I think the Hellen version has a nice little ring to it.





Aren't my handmade labels cute?! I used the fabric my sister brought me from the valley a few weeks ago. Pretty prints! There is a small pocket inside and it has a magnetic closure. Measures about 12" x 15" and the straps are long enough to be used as a shoulder bag. It's super lightweight and fresh, perfect for spring. This particular one is probably going to end up in my etsy shop. I'm going to make her another one, probably in purple, her favorite color :) I am really happy with the way this bag came out!!

Oh and I'm currently reading "Pillars of the Earth", recommended by my sister and mom. It's looong but so far so good. According to everyone that's read it, it's hands down the best book they've ever read. So we'll see about that...

Aaaaand... Happy 3/16!! I encourage everyone to read John 3:16 today.
"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life."
Have a great week everyone!!!

6 comments:

  1. Can I have it? Lol... So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute bag and great colors!!! It looks very well made! :) So excited for you about your shop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute bag! I love these bold colors. Your ribbons on the blog wallpaper are great! bright and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to be making a pattern for this bag? LOOOOOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!