Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New Books!




I found these great book at Barnes & Noble last week when I went to Corpus Christi (Can you believe there is no book store where I live?? Absurd!) I really wish I could've been able to buy a hundred books, there were so many I liked! In the end, I settled for "Sew Liberated" and "Weekend Sewing". Both books have great projects that I am dying to try.



This is definitely high on my list. I just recently got a new camera and have been hauling it around with no case! My hubby wanted me to get one right away but I insisted on making one. I didn't want to carry my beautiful camera in an ugly black case! Buuuut, I haven't gotten around to making one yet... and I'm dreading hearing the words "I told you so". I really need to make this case!

There are a ton of other things in these books from clothing to home decor to (my favorite) BAGS! I must admit, making handbags (& wallets, pouches, etc.) was one of the main reasons I took on sewing. That and baby clothes, ofcourse :)

On a side note, I think I finally fixed the problem I had with "following" and "followers" on my blog. I'm able to follow under my Blog profile now, pic and all. I think I also fixed the comment glitch. You should be able to comment now despite your cookie settings or whatever the case may be. I am so happy to be meeting new people in this great blogging community. I've been able to be inspired and make friends all at the same time! I love sharing ideas and getting new ones. There is just so much out there. I have about a million projects that I want to try and that list only gets longer everyday! Thanks to everyone who has supported me, followed me, and befriended me thus far!!! It means sooooo soo much to me :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't have the sew liberated but the weekend sewing is awesome! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to reply to you but can't find your email address. Reply to this and then we can chat about PP7. Are you joining with the above commenter's recommendation because if so, we might have a problem...LOL. Just teasing. Amy's a friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!