Monday, July 11, 2011

Log Cabin Pillow



A few days ago, I won this Zoo Alphabet Soup Fabric Bundle by Riley Blake from Life In The Thrifty Lane.



I chose this bundle because we are in the process of "re-doing" my son's room (more on that later). We decided to just stick with a neutral theme and throw in little boy charms as we go along. This bundle was a perfect start. I made AJ an adorable log cabin pillow.



I used a fat quarter to make an envelope closure for the back. I left the selvage as the hem cause I like the way it looks.





The pillow case ended up measuring 17.5" by 17.5" so I need to go buy a 17" pillow form sometime this week. Right now, it's stuffed with an 18" pillow form that I had on hand.



AJ loves it!





He had me sitting with him for hours last night pointing out animals and asking me what each of them ate. I forget what elephants eat? Do they really eat peanuts or is that just in cartoons? I don't know...

Don't forget to enter the Zipit Giveaway where you can with a $30 Gift Certificate to Zipit Zippers. Giveaway ends July 16th at midnight.



Linking up here.

15 comments:

  1. That turned out so cute!! AJ looks adorable all snuggled up with it! It looks so soft and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!! I really need to learn to sew!! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AJ is seriously adorable. and i LOVE that pillow! i have a pillow i have needed to finish and keep getting sidetracked because i have been hesitant to decide between a zipper closure or an envelope closure. which do you prefer? they are both new to me so i am of course... a little nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done it looks great! I love the idea of keeping the selvedge on :)

    Katy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just darling! Your posts always make me want to sew something ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great pillow! No wonder your son loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey! i want a pillow!! these are cute... and love the name of them. can't wait to see how aj's room turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. way way cute!!! i love it:)
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that pillow & design...it would make a great quilt square :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my!! That is the cutest pillow ever. Stopping over from Jessica&Designs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!