Monday, June 4, 2012

QAYG Library Tote

I recently heard of a quilting method called "Quilt As You Go". I had never heard of it before and all of a sudden, I was seeing it everywhere. I thought it would be a cool way to try and make a tote bag.






I think you know me enough by now to know that I LOVE BOOKS! I wanted a cute book bag to take to the library or bookstore with me- with enough room to fit a ton of books. I think this bag is perfect for that. I used the same dimensions as my square patchwork tote (15" by 15") but instead of a 3" gusset, I used 3.5" on this one. I love that the QAYG technique allowed me to quilt in different directions. It was a fun way to quilt the log cabin on the front.

My sister also asked me to make her a lunch sack for school this week. She liked the drawstring bag I made using Jeni's pattern (project size) so I made her this one using some of my favorite fabrics- Flea Market Fancy, A Walk In the Woods and Scratchy Scribble.


Before I sign off, would anybody be interested in making me a new header for my blog? And maybe some buttons?? I'm kinda bored with mine and I think the blog needs a new look. I don't have a big budget for design work right now but I'd love to pay you in goodies! Email me if you're up for the job: greenletterday at yahoo dot com. Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. this is super super cute bonnie! i love quilt as you go. i am planning on making a notebook cover this way. i love your fabrics. so bright and happy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the bag! Where did you find the QAYG tutorial? I've been looking for a good one for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I’d love for you to share this project on Tuesday’s Tidbits @ Naptime Delights: http://naptimedelights.blogspot.ca/2012/06/tuesdays-tidbits-3.html

    Thanks so much!
    Sarah
    {http://naptimedelights.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! The bag is really lovely! And your choice of fabrics is very nice :-) Jolana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bags!! I would love for you to link this up at the "I Made This" party at Grits & Giggles. http://www.gritsandgiggles.blogspot.com/2012/06/i-made-this-8.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!