Saturday, May 14, 2011

WIP- My First Quilt!

AJ had a T-Ball game this morning, muuuuch too early for momma. But it turned out to be a beautiful, breezy morning and the game itself went along a little less chaotic than usual. Now that the kids have gotten a little used to it, we were a lot more organized.

I came home to continue work on my FIRST QUILT! The pattern I bought calls for 12 blocks (3 across and 4 down) but I'm going to extend the rows and make 20 blocks for a toddler sized quilt. I'm going to use it to drape over my living room sofa. Here's a little sneak peek!






I'm using the "Just Wing It" collection by Momo for Moda. Isn't it perfect for Spring!? I am really loving these blocks. They're going to eventually be sashed with some Kona Snow. Is that the correct terminology?? Lol I'm learning as I go! I had originally chosen another pattern to start off with, but I think this pattern showcases the entire fabric line a lot better.


I am seriously loving the process of making this quilt. I am working at my own pace with my mind completely clear and stress-free. It is so relaxing! I can't wait to get this quilt top finished.

Thanks to all the ladies that have been helping me along the way!! I'd be SO LOST without you all! Have a great weekend everyone!


UPDATED: PLEASE VOTE FOR MY FABRIC BASKET AT TO SEW WITH LOVE!! I'M UP FOR THE BEST OF MAY PROJECTS!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

7 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous already:)
    Happy Sewing!!!
    xo
    Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is perfect for spring! I love the colors you're using! So bright and cheery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the quilt. It is great to find another sewing blog in blogland. Keeps me inspired. Thanks for blogging. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is stunning! i love that fabric. you are right, it feels like the perfect spring/summer quilt. I told you quilting would be a cinch for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i voted for you and just so you know, you are seriously winning! good work! i love that cute little basket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your quilt!! What pattern are you using? This is just what I want for my nephews quilt. you make such beautiful things bonnie! Excited for your giveaway tomorrow on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!