Thursday, October 25, 2012

Paper Piecing

It all started with this little block.


I hadn't anticipated the corners being chopped off as I was piecing it together. I ended up making a quick zippy out of it but was still unsatisfied with the result. I posted the picture on Instagram in search of some advice and was pointed towards paper piecing. Deep down, I knew this was the solution but was hoping there was another way. I have been terrified of trying paper piecing! The more I thought about it though, the more I realized how silly I was being. I started sewing as a way to challenge myself but somewhere along the way, I stopped doing just that. I stopped teaching myself new things and stuck to playing it safe. So I looked up a few YouTube videos and this foundation paper pattern by Patchwork Notes and I practiced until I got it right!




After awhile, it wasn't so scary anymore! In fact, it was quite addicting. I went over and bought the Sew Ichigo "Latte To Go" pattern and sewed it right up!






Could this pattern be any more perfect for a mug rug?? I didn't think so. I hope you've been inspired to face your sewing fears and challenge yourself to try new things! Have a fabulous weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Paper Peicing is ridiculously addicting. I'd done maybe 3 things when I took on a My Little Pony pattern. Ridiculous. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a certain pincushion that I love. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I love the colors and fabrics you used!
    Remember my words. You're a PROFI. ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie that mug rug is so stinking adorable!! I have no idea what paper piecing is, but of course you're amazing at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so darling love the little kids. I'm in awe

    ReplyDelete
  6. so so cute! it is such a cute mug rug. i love that pattern so much. i bought it and have yet to make it... that is becoming my motto... i need to change that soon! xoxo i printed it at 50% and am going to try to make some coffee cozies out of it. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that little latte! that is über cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!